Here is the link that I referenced in the session.
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AGREEMENT
This Agreement is between <Name of your Company> (hereafter referred to as “The Company”) whose mailing address is <Your mail address> and <Name of Independent Contractor>__________________________ (hereafter referred to as “The Independent Contractor”), whose primary business address is ___________________________________ _____________________________________.
This Agreement shall commence as of _____/_____/_____
The Company engages in pet care services and the overall care and sitting for domestic animals. The Independent Contractor represents that he/she is a skilled professional or specialist in the area of pet sitting and pet care. The Company desires to engage The Independent Contractor for certain specific assignments. The Independent Contractor and The Company agree to the following:
- The Independent Contractor shall provide the following services for The Company on a non-exclusive basis, including but not limited to:
- Dog Walking
- Cat Sitting
- Key Pick-up and Drop Off
- Meet and Greets
- The Independent Contractor shall complete all assignments in a timely professional manner consistent with accepted industry standards, and within time frames and fee structures as agreed to for each project.
- The Independent Contractor acknowledges The Company’s proprietary interest in any of its clients and agrees that neither The Independent Contractor nor his/her agents or employees shall disclose any information regarding any clients or business practices of The Company gained through its work with The Company, to any third party, during the term of this Agreement. This Agreement applies to all information presented to The Independent Contractor by The Company or its clients, whether by oral, written, facsimile or material disclosure or electronic transmission, or by any other means.
- The Independent Contractor agrees that all assignments produced for The Company shall be considered work-for-hire.
- The Independent Contractor shall not obligate The Company at any time by Agreement with any third party in any way.
- The Independent Contractor is not an employee of The Company, and may provide services for other clients, and maintains a separate principal place of business.
- The Independent Contractor will determine the method, details, and the means of performing the above services. The Company shall have no right to, and shall not control the manner or determine the method of accomplishing The Independent Contractor’s
- The Independent Contractor shall perform the services required by this Agreement at any place or location and at such times as The Independent Contractor and The Company have agreed upon.
- COMPENSATION AND FEES
- The Independent Contractor shall be paid an agreed-upon fee on an agreed-upon day of the week:
Compensation will be by:
- Company Check or
b: Paypal Transfer
- All expenses shall be borne by The Independent Contractor except as agreed to in advance, in writing. The Independent Contractor agrees to submit written or emailed invoices for all work performed for The Company, if required by The Company, prior to payment.
- The Independent Contractor is not entitled to workers’ compensation benefits or unemployment benefits. The Independent Contractor is obligated and assumes full responsibility for payment of any and all federal and state taxes on any monies earned pursuant to this independent contractor Agreement. Independent Contractor Initials: _______
PERIOD OF SERVICE AND TERMINATION
- This Agreement shall be in effect for a period of thirty days from the date of its execution. This Agreement will automatically renew if The Independent Contractor continues to do work for The Company after the expiration date.
- This Agreement may be terminated by either party, Without Cause, upon five (5) days written or emailed notice to the other party, or With Cause, immediately upon material breach of any terms of this Agreement by either of the parties.
- The Independent Contractor may, at his/her sole discretion, decline to provide services to The Company’s Clients or potential Clients. If The Independent Contractor declines to provide services to any of The Company’s Client, The Company, at its own discretion, may terminate this Agreement at will.
1. All work produced for The Company by The Independent Contractor shall be considered work-for-hire, and the exclusive property of The Company. When final payment for contract work is made to The Independent Contractor, all rights in all forms are the sole property of The Company in perpetuity.
- The Independent Contractor will not solicit, contract with, or join in with The Company’s clients, for a period of one (1) year from the date of expiration or termination of this Agreement, without the express written consent of The Company.
- The Independent Contractor agrees that he/she will not impair the business relationship between The Company and its Clients or prospective clients, in any way.
- This Agreement shall constitute the complete Agreement between The Independent Contractor and The Company, and no representations or promises, oral or written, have been made except as agreed to in writing.
- If any part of this Agreement shall become invalid, such portion shall be severed and the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
- Neither this Agreement nor any duties or obligations under this Agreement may be assigned by either party without prior written consent of both parties to this Agreement.
The Company and The Independent Contractor agree to defend and indemnify each other and their agents for all damages they may suffer, including legal fees and expenses, resulting acts of or from representations based upon any information, either written or oral, provided by the other or by the omission of any material information.
JURISDICTION AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES
Each party hereto consents to the jurisdiction of the Courts of the State of <Your State> and the terms and provisions of the Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of <Your State>. If any provision in this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void, or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will nevertheless continue in full force without being impaired or invalidated in any way.
If any action at law or in equity, including an action for declaratory relief, is brought to enforce or interpret the provisions of this Agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to reasonable attorneys’ fees, which may be set by the court in the same action or in a separate action brought for that purpose, in addition to any other relief to which that party may be entitled.
Agreed on this date: ______________________________
<Your Business Name> __________________________________________________
<Your Name Printed>____________________________________________________
<Name of Independent Contractor>_________________________________________